Singularity Education Group Covid Policy for In-Person Events
In accordance with the duty of Singularity Education Group (“SEG”) to conduct an in-person event that is free of known hazards, SEG is adopting this policy for any upcoming in-person event or program (the “Event”) to promote health security with registrants, experts, staff and vendors (“Attendees”). This policy complies with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the California Department of Public Health (“CDPH”), the Santa Clara health department and all applicable state and local health orders.
- Vaccinations: All Attendees are required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated to SEG prior to or upon arrival at the Event. There will be no medical exemptions given to the vaccination requirement at this time. To avoid any confusion, no unvaccinated persons will be allowed to attend the Event under any circumstances. Proof of vaccination can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or provided to designated SEG staff upon check-in at onsite registration. Allowable vaccines include the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, the Moderna vaccine, AstraZeneca and the Johnson & Johnson Janssen vaccine. If you do not see the vaccine you have received listed above, please reach out to email@example.com.
- Social Distancing: When possible, all Attendees must maintain safe social distancing when at the Event.
- Hand Hygiene: All Attendees must frequently wash hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer after contact with any public surface at the Event. Hand Sanitizer stations will be located throughout the Event.
- Masks: All Attendees must wear a N95 mask or a KN95 mask over mouth, nose, and chin at all times during the Event. A N95 or KN95 mask will be provided on site and will be available throughout the Event. If this is not possible, Attendees must wear a face covering at all times..
- A face covering must be well-fitted to an individual AND cover the nose and mouth consistent with the guidance of the CDPH. A face covering DOES NOT include a scarf, ski mask, balaclava, bandana, turtleneck, collar, or single layer of fabric or any mask that has an unfiltered one-way exhaust valve. Attendees wearing an improper face covering will be provided a N95 or KN95 to use during the Event.
Neither a mask nor a face covering is required if the Attendee is actively performing an activity that cannot be done while wearing a mask or face covering like for example actively eating or drinking, swimming or showering in a fitness facility, or obtaining a medical or cosmetic service requiring removal of a face covering.
- Contact with Individuals Outside of the Event: Any Attendee who has contact with any individuals suspected to have or confirmed positive for COVID-19 shall immediately quarantine. They should not enter the Event under any circumstances.
- Legal Liability Waivers: We are requiring all registrants to sign a liability waiver holding harmless Singularity Education Group. This waiver will be available for signature onsite during check-in at the Event.
- COVID-19 Testing:
- One-day Event: regular COVID-19 testing of all Attendees will not be required for any one-day Event.
- Multiple-day Event:
- Negative Test on Day One: All Attendees will be required to take a COVID-19 viral test onsite at registration and will not be allowed in the Event area until a negative result is received. SEG will provide the COVID-19 viral test and SEG staff will be present during check-in at onsite registration to support and confirm everyone is tested.
- Regular Rapid Antigen Testing: All Attendees will be required to complete a rapid antigen test every 48 hours during the Event. SEG will be providing access to rapid antigen testing on-site at no additional cost. On the last day of the Event, PCR testing will be available to Attendees traveling internationally. A representation of how testing would proceed during a multiple-day event is as follows:
- Sunday: Start of Event - Mandatory Onsite Testing, negative result required to enter Event
- Monday: – No testing
- Tuesday: - Mandatory Antigen testing, negative result required to enter Event on Wednesday
- Wednesday: - No testing
- Thursday: End of Event - Optional PCR test available to international participants, optional Antigen test available to all but not required.
In order to administer the test efficiently and safely on-site it is mandatory that each Attendee adhere to the following procedure:
- Each Attendee will receive in advance of testing instructions, disclosures, and waiver (“Patient Consent”) provided by a health provider chosen by SEG, that must be filled out completely prior to the initial testing on the day before the Event.
- Attendees will be provided a specific window to be tested on-site to ensure efficiency of the test administration and social distancing.
- In the event an Attendee receives a positive test result, the Attendee shall follow the protocol established at the Event venue including but not limited to being isolated in a single room where the individual will remain with the proper care and test administrator will report the positive test result to the local health authorities;
- Any Attendee who fails to complete the Patient Consent will be denied testing, and as result not allowed to participate further in the Event; and
- On mandatory testing days Attendees will not be allowed to participate in the Event without proof of a negative test.
SEG reserves the right to revise, supplement, update, rescind, or deviate from this policy or any protocol stated therein from time to time as it deems appropriate, in its sole and absolute discretion, and with or without advance written notice.