Singularity Education Group Covid Policy for In-Person Events
The global spread of COVID-19 continues to affect every one of us. Singularity Education Group (“SEG”) is adopting this policy for any upcoming in-person event or program (the “Event”) to promote health security with registrants, experts, staff and vendors (“Attendees”). In Santa Clara County, indoor masking is no longer required as of March 2022, however, face coverings remain a critical tool in protecting our community against the spread of COVID-19. As such, SEG along with the Public Health Department and the California Department of Public Health strongly recommend that all persons continue to wear masks in all indoor public spaces. This policy complies with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the California Department of Public Health (“CDPH”), the Santa Clara health department and all applicable state and local health orders.
- Vaccinations: All Attendees are required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated to SEG prior to or upon arrival at the Event. Vaccines will need to be CDC approved. To avoid any confusion, no unvaccinated persons will be allowed to attend the Event under any circumstances. There will be no medical exemptions given to the vaccination requirement at this time. Proof of vaccination can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or provided to designated SEG staff upon check-in at onsite registration.
- Hand Hygiene: We recommend all Attendees frequently wash their hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer after contact with any public surface at the Event. Hand Sanitizer stations will be located throughout the Event.
- Masks: We strongly encourage all Attendees to wear a N95 mask or a KN95 mask over mouth, nose, and chin at all times during the Event. KN95 masks will be available on site and throughout the Event for all Attendees.
- Contact with Individuals Outside of the Event: Any Attendee who has contact with any individuals suspected to have or confirmed positive for COVID-19 shall immediately quarantine. They should not enter the Event under any circumstances.
- After contact with any individuals outside of the Event it is recommended that Attendees self-administer a COVID-19 rapid test prior to re-entry to the Event. Self-administered rapid tests will be made available at the Event.
- Legal Liability Waivers: We are requiring all registrants to sign a liability waiver holding harmless Singularity Education Group. This waiver will be available for signature onsite during check-in at the Event.
- COVID-19 Testing:
- One-day Event: regular COVID-19 testing of all Attendees will not be required for any Event lasting a single day.
- Multiple-day Event:
- Negative Test on Day One: All Attendees will be required to take a COVID-19 viral test onsite at registration and will not be allowed in the Event area until a negative result is received. The COVID-19 viral test will be administered by a qualified medical professional and SEG staff will be present during check-in at onsite registration to support and confirm everyone is tested.
- Each Day after Day One: If you are not feeling well, are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, or had contact with any individuals outside of the event, please wear a N95 mask or a KN95 and immediately request a self-administered COVID-19 rapid test from a SEG staff.
- COVID-19 Testing Procedure: During a multiple-day Event, in order to administer the COVID-19 viral test efficiently and safely at the Event, it is mandatory that each Attendee adhere to the following procedure:
- In Advance of the multiple-day Event, each Attendee will receive testing instructions, disclosures, and waiver (“Patient Consent”) provided by a health provider chosen by SEG, that must be filled out completely prior to the initial testing on the day before the Event.
- Attendees will be provided a specific window to be tested on-site to ensure efficiency of the test administration.
- In the event an Attendee receives a positive test result, the Attendee shall follow the protocol established at the Event venue including but not limited to being isolated in a single room where the individual will remain with the proper care and test administrator will report the positive test result to the local health authorities;
- Any Attendee who fails to complete the Patient Consent will be denied testing, and as result not allowed to participate further in the Event; and
- On the first day of the Event, Attendees will not be allowed to participate in the Event without proof of a negative test.
SEG reserves the right to revise, supplement, update, rescind, or deviate from this policy or any protocol stated therein from time to time as it deems appropriate, in its sole and absolute discretion, and with or without advance written notice.