I need to obtain a VISA, what type should I apply for?

We recommend that you reach out to your local US Embassy to confirm the Visa type and ensure that requirements are applicable to your country.  


The Visa Wizard on the US Government Travel website may be helpful: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/visa-wizard.html


Here are the recommended responses to the 2nd and 3rd questions listed above:

  • Why are you traveling to the U.S.?
    • Study or Exchange
  • What will you be doing in the U.S.?
    • I will take a short not-for-credit course or a recreational program