Here is more detailed information pertaining to SU's online courses:
Course 1: Foundations of Exponential Thinking
Join a cohort of like minded leaders to the explore the foundational concepts that support a shift in mindset. You’ll learn how to think exponentially and develop the skills that will help you navigate toward an abundant future in a time of unprecedented technological innovation.
- Identify the drivers of exponential computing and convergent technologies.
- Explore potential impacts of horizon technologies in the next 15 years.
- Recognize exponential curves and nested s-curves.
- Use the 6Ds to analyze and predict disruption.
- Identify technologies converging and disrupting your life and business.
- Grapple with the ethical, moral, legal, and political implications.
- In week 1, you will discover the pace of accelerating technological change and explore the mindsets needed to create awe-inspiring solutions to humanity’s most pressing issues. With the support of the SU community, you will develop a moonshot idea and begin to gather feedback on it.
- In week 2, you will explore several exponential technologies that are helping to create a more abundant future. Through interactive learning with peers, you will begin to connect your ideas of the future to expert predictions.
- In week 3, you will take a closer look at Artificial Intelligence and Digital Biology and explore some ethical implications of these technologies. While investigating the implications of new technologies, you’ll refine your moonshot to for exponential impact.
- In week 4 to conclude the course, you will practice exponential thinking by considering the timing, impact and implications of breakthrough technologies on the horizon. During this week, you will synthesize your moonshot into a prediction highlighting how your idea can change the world.
Course 2: Practicing Exponential Foresight
A hands-on, skill-building course teaching practical foresight skills to impact your preferred future. Through examining trends and exploring unknowns, you’ll practice looking at challenges in collaboration with a community of leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Scan and identify present macro trends.
- Distinguish between knowns and unknowns about the future.
- Frame challenges from multiple perspectives, including STEEP lenses.
- Reflect on your areas of personal and professional influence and concern.
- Recognize and confront your cognitive biases and those of others
- Use facts and opinions to create informed guesses about possible futures.
- Create and tell a compelling story about your preferred future.
- In week 1, you will start to explore the process of foresight and begin to create anticipatory skills that will give you the ability to see the future faster, and understand where and how you can make choices that shape a better future. You will explore knowns, unknowns, drivers and barriers.
- In week 2, you will explore your biases and practice skills to differentiate facts and opinions. You’ll use facts, knowns and trends to cut through the fog make educated guesses (forecasts) about the future.
- In week 3, you’ll expand your forecast into a Futures Wheel to visualize the implications of your preferred future in your area of interest and concern. You’ll also review and discuss the future visions of your classmates.
- In week 4, you will further imagine your preferred future and create a future story to share with your class. By imagining and sharing your future story - and experiencing your classmates’ future visions - you will conclude the course with a much deeper appreciation for the process of exponential foresight and what the future can hold.
Course 3: Impact Lab
This is a set of moderated experiences where likeminded individuals interested in a particular Global Grand Challenge share their knowledge of known challenges and solutions. With user-generated content, participants show-and-tell about specific impact proposals in their area of concern.
- Collectively learn about global challenges and solutions.
- Share ideas and stories about global impact.
- Create global impact.
- In week 1, you will share your area of interest and concern with the class and connect with classmates for collaboration. You will familiarize with the six pathways to impact and learn about how others have successfully impacted global grand challenges. You will choose a project to complete for the four week class.
- In week 2, you will begin to create an end state vision for a future where a grand challenge is solved. You will idea and consider a possible solution. Then you will take an action to investigate, further and/or refine your idea.
- In week 3, you will continue on your action path, collaborate with classmates that share your interests, and document your work in a project report to share with the class.
- In week 4, you will give and receive feedback with your class on project reports in a virtual gallery walk. You will celebrate with you class your future visions and your completion of the Exponential Foundations Series!
You can buy all 3 courses for $1,485 or the individual courses for $495 each. You can find more info for our online courses here.