We want to get your videos posted on our YouTube channel as soon as possible! Here are some guidelines that will help you get ready to send us your files, so that we can get everything online efficiently.
Upon receipt of all materials, we will begin posting your content within 5 business days. If you prefer a staggered release schedule, please be sure to include that info when you send us your files.
Below you will find some basic info and step-by-step instructions on how best to prepare, and then share with us, your videos.
A Note on Copyright Clearance
All materials contained within the videos must be cleared of any copyright restrictions. Please confirm that all speakers have a signed agreement or contract. If they do not, let us know who does not. Thank you!
Preparing Your Videos
Please share links to your event videos that we may use for YouTube, website, social media accounts, and other commercial purposes. These videos should be shared with firstname.lastname@example.org and may be provided via Google Drive, or the system of the organizer's choice, as long as we are able to download everything effectively.
Preparing Your Video Files
Each video should be edited/prepared to the following guidelines:
- 1 (one) item/topic, for example:
- 1 Highlight reel
- 1 Speaker/Presenter
- 1 Presentation/Activity
- 1 Panel
Your video should be:
- Approx. 1 hour or less
- Bumpers & Titles included: See section 7 of your Summit Manual, “Summit Operations”
- All videos uploaded to YouTube must have a “bumper” or title card. This is comprised of a Event ID title card, as well as an optional Sponsor Slide.
- Event ID Slide
- The Event ID must be at the front and back of all videos uploaded to YouTube
- It should read, "Summits: SingularityU (Name of Summit)" on a black background
- It may be animated to match Summit branding
- Sponsor Slide
- Including sponsor logos is optional at the front or back of video
- Sponsors slide must come up after the event ID slide SingularityU name of event
- All partner/sponsors logos must be on one slide/bumper and last no more than 3 seconds in total
Here is an example rundown of a Summit video file:
|3 secs||Event ID Slide||Required|
|2 secs||Sponsor Slide||Optional|
|1 sec||Fade Out/Cross-Dissolve|
|3 secs||Event ID Slide||Required|
- Audio should be clean and easy to hear, with mixed right and left stereo sound
- Export Settings:
- YouTube's documentation can be found here
- 1920x1080; MP4 (H.264)
Metadata should be written and packaged for SU HQ. (See below.)
When You're Ready to Deliver Your Videos
- Email email@example.com and let us know you are ready with your files!
- SU HQ will prep and send an invite to a shared Dropbox folder where you will upload your files
- We prefer Dropbox, but if you are using a service other than Dropbox, please send access and/or links
- SU HQ will prep and send an invite to edit a Google Sheet called “YouTube Video Uploads - Metadata." We will need:
- Filename (as uploaded to Dropbox)
- The TITLE you would like to appear on YouTube (100 character limit)
- Complete text description of the video and content within the video.
- Please be sure all hyperlinks are working, if included.
- At least 5-10 keywords
- Choose from the list provided in the spreadsheet
- Record Date (Optional)
- Mark “yes” on the Metadata Sheet if you have any captions or subtitles files
- Please upload these files to Dropbox with the video, using the same file name as the video they're meant to be attached to
- Mark “yes” if you have custom thumbnail(s)
- Please upload these files to Dropbox with the video Notes
- Any other information we need to know
When all files are uploaded and metadata entered, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if there is any additional information you want to share with us, such as any promotional plan or scheduled release, copyright concerns, etc.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions or run into any issues during this process. Thank you so much, we look forward to working with you!