There is currently a .csv template available and bulk import/export utility within:
- the Client-Admin Profile for a bulk user account creation utility
- the Innovation Projects for a bulk project-content record creation import or users may export existing data, make bulk changes, then import changes for an update.
- the Radar for a bulk company-content record creation import or users may export existing data, make bulk changes, then import changes for an update.
- the Technology Forecast for a bulk event-content record creation import or users may export existing data, make bulk changes, then import changes for an update.
This import/export utility is being adjusted to improve usability. Users may either utilize the current self-serve EXPORT/IMPORT/TEMPLATE or add content records one at a time using the +ADD button. Edit-Users may also ask for tiered customer support to export/import data by submitting a support ticket and attaching a completed content template.
To import data:
- Download the .csv template by clicking on the 'TEMPLATE' button. This will download a .csv file with the available data end-point fields.
- Enter the desired data into the template. Be sure to note the required format required by the destination content-record.
- When complete, save the template as a new file then click on 'IMPORT' following the prompts to locate the correct file for import.
- An 'IN PROGRESS' status circle will display showing activity. If there are any errors in the content for upload, then an error message will display with notation of the error needing correction. Open the .csv file, make corrections, then repeat step 3.
If exporting existing data for bulk changes, then an additional 'ID' column will be present within the .csv providing a unique ID number for each record. These ID numbers are created by DASH and should not be changed.
Any changes made in other fields will overwrite existing content upon import.
New content-records can be added directly within the .csv file. DO NOT create an ID value for new content-records as DASH will create and assign a new ID upon import.