GIC winners are responsible for obtaining any necessary visas required for their attendance for SU programs. Most of our non-US passport holding participants have attended on a ESTA waiver program, tourist visa, or a B-1 or B-2 business visa. Despite having “University” in its name, SU is not an accredited, degree-granting institution and therefore does not sponsor student visas.
Who is tasked with organizing a visa for a GIC winner?
Articles in this section
- What are SingularityU Global Impact Challenges (GICs)?
- Who should apply to a GIC?
- Are you hosting a GIC in my country?
- What happens if a GIC winner cannot attend the SU program for any reason?
- What is the GIC review process?
- What is the GIC schedule?
- What are GIC eligibility requirements?
- Who are the judges for GIC projects?
- Who comes to SU if a member of an existing team wins a GIC?
- What is the selection criteria for the GIC winner?