It takes a lot of preparation to run a successful event! Here are some of the things SU recommends you do leading up to your launch:
- Activate your chapter.su.org email
- Finalize Chapter’s SU webpage draft
- Send SU HQ quotes for press release
- Plan and promote your first event
- (Optional) Create your social media accounts
- (Optional) Create a local press release
Successful events are informative and engaging for guests. Think back to your experiences on the SU campus in Mountain View to help remind you of what types of engagement resonated most. Many Chapters bring in speakers, host panels, show documentaries and/or movies, create simulations and offer some sort of immersive experience for participants.
Keep in mind that Chapter events need to be a ½ day or less. Any other formats must be first coordinated with SU HQ. Remember that Chapters are not allowed to use their Chapters to generate income or to run workshops or other activities similar to SU HQ consulting.