It take a lot of preparation to run a successful event! Here are some of the things Singularity University recommends you do leading up to your launch:
- Activate your chapter.su.org email
- Finalize Chapter’s Singularity University webpage draft
- Send Singularity University HQ quotes for press release
- Plan and promote your first event
- (Optional) Create your social media accounts
- (Optional) Create a local press release
Successful events are informative and engaging for guests. Many Chapters bring in speakers, host panels, show documentaries and/or movies, create simulations and offer some sort of immersive experience for participants.
Keep in mind that Chapter events need to be ½ day or less. Any other formats must be first coordinated with Singularity University HQ. Chapters may seek Sponsorships or charge a nominal sum (the price of 3 cappuccinos in your local economy) to help cover event costs.