Staying at your own lodging also requires that you provide your own transportation to the classroom and possibly to off-site events as group transportation is mostly from the hotel and the classroom.
Even if you live locally, we highly recommend that you stay with us in the provided lodging for multiple reasons:
- A typical Executive Program schedule is very intense, and staying in the provided lodging will help you avoid a potentially brutal Silicon Valley commute. Content usually begins around 8:30 AM and continues through at least 8 PM each evening, some nights it can go until 10 or 11 PM. Commuting late in the evening should not be too bad, but the morning traffic is both challenging and unpredictable.
- The social aspect can be a large part of the EP experience. Some participants are looking for this to be both educational and a way to make international business connections. If this aligns with your goals from the program, we highly recommend lodging with the group. Other participants are looking for a purely educational experience, so making business connections may not be as important. The social aspect can be educational as many participants do learn a good amount from each other in a more casual setting outside of the program schedule.
Here are some specific examples of social situations and other pluses to staying with the group:
- Breakfast - will most likely be served at the hotel. Many participants take advantage of this time to connect with each other.
- Transportation - We will be traveling to the classroom location each morning and evening, which is also a good time to bond with other participants. We include transportation to all of our scheduled activities to and from the hotel. Participants who stay at other locations will need to arrange for their own transportation.
- Evenings - most of our classes will end around 8 PM, at which point we will return to the hotel. Many participants unwind and socialize as a group at the hotel.